Sunday, August 8, 2010

Metropolis Pt 3 - Little Italy snowstorm....

Well...following on from the last couple of posts, I thought I should show the view from my window....and as it is baking hot outside, it seemed like a good time to show cooler times....
This is the view from my window...certainly no mistaking that it is Little Italy and I am living in NYC....although obviously it is considerably warmer than that right now....I have the window wide open and during summer the street is closed to traffic over the weekend, so its nice and peaceful out there...just the sounds of tourists milling around getting shilled by the hawkers outside the restaurants...and for some reason, the regular band that insists on stomping up and down the streets playing the Godfather Theme seem to have been replaced by the Hare Krishna's wandering down the street chanting every day...

and today I am listening to the mighty Lee Dorsey doing 'Yes, We Can (Part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcnEnElRLuk

No comments:

Post a Comment